We focus on consulting for software in industrial IoT system (IIOT). Based on the Industrial Internet Reference Architecture (IIRA) we advise your greenfield as well as brownfield projects in all software-aspects running on devices (embedded software), network nodes and in the cloud.
Reference cases include
- Industrial control and automation devices in IIOT networks
- Hardware abstraction and APIs to avoid multiple implementations in device agents
- Goods tracking in global setups (e.g. pallets, containers, on-premise logistics)
- Logistics solutions for consumer smart packaging enabled by IIOT
- New business models and security requirements in transport and logistics
- Building technology
- Heating measurement devices in service and online setting
- Water/HVAC control applications in IIOT networks, including wireless access networks for remote sites and security aspects in critical infrastructure buildings (e.g. hospitals)
- Medical / laboratory technology
- Platform integration of laboratory equipment (physical measurements, analytical instruments)
- Service application in IOT networks with remote setup and onboarding
- Architectures for medical connected devices and platforms
- Moving legacy applications to cloud environments with IOT enhancements (e.g. evidence tracking in audit)
- Integration commercial systems, market places, CRM and ERP backends
We supported our customers in the evaluation process of commercial IoT Platforms and HW-components, such as gateways and edge-devices, for industrial use and medical devices. Beyond industry-specific criteria and functionality, regulatory aspects are included. Often, this service is provided with software reviews for specific components, e.g. focusing on network and system security aspects, or following regulatory guideline such as the FDA premarket guideline on cyber security (Cybersecurity in Medical Devices: Quality System Considerations and Content of Premarket Submissions).
Most projects are ignited with an introduction workshop to get up to speed regarding business models, standards, network protocols, device technology and an overview of market players.